5 Best Drip Coffee Makers Under 100
Are you newly-weds searching for affordable kitchen appliances or are you a coffee connoisseur who’s tired of spending his hard earned money on buying coffee in a coffee shop? Well, in either way, the first step of breaking free is by investing in any of these best drip coffee makers under $100 which we’re going to review in this post.
There are many options for drip coffee makers you can get under $50. When the budget goes to under $100, the range of options become even bigger giving you an opportunity to select the best brewer of your choice with neat features that will most likely quench your brewing needs.
What’s a drip coffee maker?
Before we move on, let’s first define what a drip coffee maker really is to ensure that we’re moving on the same page. A drip coffee maker is a brewing machine that consists of a water reservoir, a filter basket, a carafe and a hot plate at the bottom. The filter basket comes in different shapes, sizes and materials while the hot plate at the bottom ensures that coffee remains hot for a longer time.
What to look out for when choosing a drip coffee maker
When shopping for drip coffee makers under $100, there are those key aspects you need to look up for to avoid disappointments. With that said, here are some tips you’ll need to consider before parting with your money.
- Size: how much space do you have? This is the first question you need to ask yourself when shopping for a drip coffee maker. To avoid exhausting your kitchen space, shop for a machine that will fit precisely while leaving enough space to fit other kitchen appliances.
- Available features: another key pointer you need to check on is the available features. A majority of drip coffee makers under 100 come with multiple advanced features such as auto shut-off and 24-hour programmable features. Depending on your brewing needs, always choose the features you think are convenient for you.
- Capacity: are you planning to use this coffee maker for personal use, office use or home use? Are you a family, a couple or are you a bachelor? With such questions in mind, you’ll be able to choose either a single serve or a multi-cup machine which will best suit your needs.
- Filter type: to enjoy a flavored cup of coffee, you need to invest in a machine that has the best filter. Gold filters are the best as they’re easy to clean. Nylon filters are also great but you need to replace them often to avoid compromising the taste of your coffee.
If you’re planning to enjoy a flavored cup of coffee each morning before heading to work, think of nothing more than Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto from Zojirushi. Available at a pocket-friendly price, this coffee maker comes with a compact design that houses the glass carafe to save kitchen space.
It has a removable water reservoir, 650 watts heating element, an auto keep warm feature and a replaceable charcoal water filter that purifies the water to give you the best restaurant-quality coffee. With a capacity to brew up to 5 cups of quality coffee, the Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto is definitely a must-have in 2018.
Features of the Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto
- Sight gauge: to help you monitor the amount of water in the reservoir, Zojirushi has set a sight gauge on the side of this coffee maker to check the amount of water in the reservoir.
- Charcoal filter cone: designed with a charcoal filter cone, this coffee maker is able to purify tap water to give your coffee the best taste imaginable.
- Compact design: with sleek dimensions of 6×9×11 inches, this coffee maker is compact enough to fit on any kitchen countertops regardless of the size.
- Its compact design makes it ideal for small kitchen countertops.
- The Zutto is easy to use as it’s not overwhelmed with multiple features.
- This coffee maker is able to brew an entire 5 cups of flavored coffee enough for your guests.
- The water reservoir is quite tricky to remove or to replace as it doesn’t have a real handle.
- This drip coffee maker doesn’t have an auto shut-off feature.
Are you fed up paying exaggerated prices of coffee in your local coffee shop? Well, its time to buy your own coffee maker. The Braun KF7150BK Coffee Maker is exactly what you need to accomplish your brewing needs.
Designed to brew an exceptionally flavored and balanced cup of hot coffee, the Braun is fully programmable to ensure that you enjoy a single cup or up to 4 cups of flavored coffee. It has an auto shut-off/on function, a control panel with LED display, a bold strength selector and a compact size that lets it fit on your kitchen countertop with ease.
Features of the Braun KF7150BK Coffee Maker
- Programmable timer: if you’re an avid coffee lover always on the go, the available 24-hour programmable timer will let you enjoy a hot cup of brew anytime you need it.
- Compact size: this coffee maker has a streamlined design with a fully enclosed carafe to help minimize space wastage.
- Bold strength selector: the available bold strength function means that coffee lovers are able to customize their brews from regular to bold depending on what you love most.
- This drip coffee maker gives you the freedom to brew a single cup or multiple cups of coffee depending on your needs.
- The unique glass carafe has an airtight lid that prevents air from penetrating through.
- The LED display is very easy to read through.
- According to some customers, this coffee maker takes a long to brew a single cup of coffee.
- Other customers complain about the overall endurance of this machine which they say is quite wanting.
Are you a Mr. Coffee diehard searching for the best coffee maker to meet your brewing demands? Well, worry not as the Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew Coffeemaker is here to offer you its full service. Designed with a brewing temperature of 205°, this coffee maker brews 20 times faster (than the competition) to extract full flavor from your favorite roast.
When it comes to the performance, this coffee maker does its best thanks to a set of excellent features that work together to give you the best coffee brewing experience.
Features of the Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew Coffeemaker
- Removable water reservoir: the removable water reservoir is an added advantage as it allows you to add water over the sink easily and conveniently.
- Gold-tone filters: gold tone filters are mostly permanent and easy to clean. They remove over 97% of chlorine from the water leaving you with nothing but good tasting coffee.
- Stainless steel thermal carafe: the available stainless steel thermal carafe is double walled making it perfect when it comes to keeping coffee hot for long.
- This coffee maker has multiple programmable features that make brewing quite a breeze.
- The ‘pause n serve’ feature allows you to serve coffee even before brewing is complete.
- The removable water reservoir makes it easier for you to clean this appliance.
- The gold cone permanent filters are affordable as compared to the replaceable paper filters.
- This coffee maker has a tendency of spilling coffee thus messing up your kitchen countertop.
- This coffee maker brews very weak coffee.
Are you a busy coffee lover who enjoys taking a hot cup of flavored coffee anytime you need it? Well, one way of guaranteeing this is by investing in a quality thermal carafe. One of the best carafes you need to consider is the BESTEK 51 Oz Thermal Carafe.
Designed with a double-walled stainless steel material, this carafe is able to keep your beverage hot or cold for considerably longer hours. It has a capacity of 1.5L, a wide mouth design to prevent spillage and BPA free materials that guarantee your safety during operation.
Features of the BESTEK 51 Oz Thermal Carafe
- Quite versatile: apart from keeping your coffee hot or cold, this thermal carafe can be used to store milk, hot water, tea and iced beverages with ease.
- Heavy-duty construction: designed with a double-walled stainless steel construction, this thermal carafe provides an excellent heat insulation keeping your beverage hot for longer hours.
- This thermal carafe is FDA approved for human safety.
- The wide mouth design prevents spillage and mess-up on your countertop.
- The double-walled stainless steel design helps to keep your beverage hot or cold for up to 24 hours.
- This thermal carafe has a tendency of leaking your beverage.
- This carafe is extremely slow when brewing.
To round up our review for the best drip coffee makers under 100, we have the Cuisinart DCC-1100 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker. Designed with an elegant stainless steel white finish, this coffee maker is fully automated with 24-hour programmable settings that allow you to accomplish your brewing need with just a press of a button.
Away from the stainless ascents, this coffee maker offers you the freedom to brew a massive 12 cups of hot flavored coffee or as little as 1 to 4 cups to satisfy your brewing needs. The Cuisinart DCC-1100 has further added a charcoal water filter and a gold-cone filter into the mix alongside a measuring scoop and an instruction book to guide you through the brewing process.
Features of the Cuisinart DCC-1100 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- Fully automated: to enjoy an uninterrupted cup of hot coffee anytime any day, Cuisinart has designed this flagship coffee maker with 24-hour programmability to simplify your brewing needs.
- Large carafe: this coffee maker is designed with a pretty large carafe that holds up to 12-cups of coffee enough for your guests.
- An excellent filtration system: when it comes to boosting the taste of your brew, this coffee maker is fitted with a charcoal filter and a permanent gold cone filter for precise chlorine elimination from the water.
- This coffee maker brews good tasting coffee thanks to the high-quality filtration system.
- The programmable settings are very easy to operate.
- This coffee maker eliminates coffee wastage as you’re able to brew a small amount of coffee enough for you.
- The stainless steel construction is both durable and stylish enough to complement your interior décor.
- This brewer has a tendency of automatically shutting off when brewing is in progress.
- The design is quite poor as it causes this brewer to leak water on your countertop.
So, there you have it now. If you’re really searching for the perfect way of enjoying your morning cup without digging deep into your pocket, the best option is to consider any of the above drip coffee makers under $100. These machines will not only save your budget but will also serve you the best cup of coffee anytime you need one.